mandag den 14. april 2014

The last day (day 8) + the flight

Hey Everyone!

Today, it is two days ago since I came home to Denmark.
So friday, we woke up early so we could go and see the campus at Stanford University. It was a huge place, with lots of beautiful nature and all the buildings were yellow and red. We went into the Stanford University church - sadly we were not aloud to take pictures in there, but it was a very beautiful place, with colorful mosaic windows with Jesus and his disciples, and there were stone plates with thougtful texts and I really enjoyed sitting on one of the bences, just looking up at the altar.
After the church, we walked around campus for a little while and took some pictures. Then we went to the gift shop where I bought a beautiful and very expensive Stanford shirt, and some other stuff... it was 81 $ in total! woops...
Then we got something to eat, and we went back to Comfort Inn. Sofie and I went exploring on the other side of the road, just to look at the shops, and of course we found a Starbucks, so Sofie OF COURSE had to go and get some coffee for the busdrive :)
Then we met up with the others, and we packed the bus so we could drive to the airport of San Francisco. We said goodbye to Linda and Emil who was going to travel south.
On the busdrive I ate the Jelly Beans Noreen had given me the day before, and drank some cherry coke (not really something for me, but oh well...)
When we came to the airport we waited half an hour to check in, so we hoped that it was the only time where we were going to be late. And it was. Our plane came on time, and I got a lot of sleep. In Copenhagen everything also went smoothly. We were in Kastrup around 13:15 saturday, so it was very weird, since we had left San Francisco at 16 something, friday.
When we arrived at Billund, we got our suitcases, and Melissa and Sofie drove with me to Århus.
When I came home my sister had baked cupcakes for us, that we could decorate and my parents made a lovely dinner - so even though I miss California already, I´m happy to be home with my family again! It was an amazing experience for me, and I hope I will go back (soon)!
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog - and thank you so much for doing so! - an evaluation of the trip will be posted soon, so if you are interested in reading my overall opinion on the trip, stay updated!

- Cecilie 



On our way to Stanford University


At Stanford University, campus
                                                                  Sculptures at campus

                             The outside of the beautiful church at Stanford University campus

Cindy, taking pictures of the beautiful campus

                                              Camilla with our group, outside the church

                                                               Walking around campus

                                                            On our way to the gift shop

c                                                        The entrance to Comfort Inn

                                          One of the rooms we had booked at Comfort Inn hotel

                                                   My delicious Jelly Beans from Noreen

                                         Outside the International Airport of San Francisco

                                          Sofie, fooling around at the San Francisco airport

                                              Camilla & Sofie at the San Francisco airport

                                      Our plane from San Francisco to Kastrup, Copenhagen


Melissa, waiting for the group, so we could board

                                                                      Waiting to board

                                 Inside the plane from San Francisco to Kastrup, Copenhagen

                      Me, listening to music in the plane from San Francisco to Kastrup, Copenhagen

                                    The small plane we flew in from Kastrup to Billund airport

                                                     Camilla & I outside the small plane

              View from the small plane - above Jylland, around 20 min. before we landed in Billund




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar