tirsdag den 8. april 2014

Day 5 - Menlo-Atherton High School

Hello Everyone!

Today was my first day attending Menlo-Atherton High School with Clarie, and I was SO excited this morning. We were first going to school at 8:45 (which is late, since back at home i attend school at 08:00). Since Claire has her driving licence, she drove us to school. I have met SO many people today, she has so many sweet friends, and as you can see, on a picture below, I have had a pretty interesting day. In third period, Claire had a test, so I was with a girl named Carolyn (Caroline) and we had math. It was really fun attending high school, since it truely is like you see in movies!
- and they call it shadowing, so I am shadowing Claire these next couple of days.
After school we (Claire, some of her friends & I) drove to down town Palo Alto, where we went to a place called *Cream*, where you could get cookie sandwiches with icecream, yum! I loved it.
After that Claire & I dropped her friends of, and then headed back to her house. Her friend, Jeff, was there, so we were tanning in her HUGE backyard. At 18:00 Claire had a guitar lesson, so Jeff went home, and while Claire practised, I wrote my blog, and Noreen and Jim (Claires dad, who I met in the morning when i woke up) were preparing a sunday dinner, held on a thursday!
So around 19:00, the guests arrived: Jeff and his brother, Blake, a young couple who live in the outhouse and some family friends. Since then we have been sitting down, eating dinner and dessert, which was so delicious! Then later, I gave Jim and Noreen my hostpresent, which was a book with H.C. Andersens 14 most famous fairytales, and they really loved it. Before i leave thursday, I am going to write a greeting for them, in the book. But now the guests are leaving, and I am going to get some sleep before a new day at M.A.

- Cecilie 

Ps. It is really weird that no danes are around, but at the same time, I love having the possibility of speaking english all the time, and going crazy with my american accent!
Pps. There is not many pictures from today, but you can enjoy the few i have taken.


Briefcase from Menlo-Atherton High School, with schedule 

                                                   Map of Menlo-Atherton High School

Students Magazine, The Mark, of Menlo-Atherton High School

Spanish class with Claire, fourth period 

The fairytale book i gave my host family

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar