mandag den 7. april 2014

Day 3 - San Francisco

Hello Everyone!

Today we went to see the Iland Alcatraz, who is known for it´s prison. We had Susan with us, who is our danish contact at Menlo - Atherton High School. We sailed to the Iland, and the view both from the Iland and the boat was simly stunning! You could see the Golden Gate Bridge, and all the skyscrapers and downhill roads of San Francisco, it all looked SO beautiful. When we came to the Iland, we got a quick historic tour, and after that we took the audio tour inside the prison. It was very old, and a very awesome place, and I think I have seen some of the cells in The Walking Dead series ones...
Oh well, the audio tour was great! It was all personal stories about the prison, and how the people felt staying at the prison, about the attempts to escape from the Iland and also about the people who lived at the Iland in the 1930´s. I was really fascinated! After that we went back to mainland, where we took a cablecar ride, which was fun to try, because of the steep roads. Then we split up and went shopping, and I bought some AWESOME Converse shoes with the american flag on it, and i simply love them! - And by now I have ate icecream at Cold Stone twice! My favorite icecream by all time, simply just delicious!
In the evening, we finally got to eat at the Cheese Cake Factory! It was such a lovely and cozy place, with decorations from egypt, and lovely glass lamps. They had food from all over the world, and I got the most delicious Hawaiian pizza i have ever tasted, since I was in Italy for a long time ago! But because all the dishes was so huge, nobody actully was able to eat some cheese cake... oh well, it was a nice evening. Then we bought some stuff at the local shop, went back to the Hostel, I got a shower and now it is midnight, so i will go to bed now! I will post some pictures from today, tomorrow.

- Cecilie 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar