onsdag den 9. april 2014

Day 6 - Menlo-Atherton High School

Hey Everyone!

I can not believe it is thursday tomorrow already... oh well.
Today was a block day at Menlo-Atherton High School, which means Claire only had 3 of her classes, but they lastet 90 min! - long classes...
But today we had english, math and choir classes. But before we entered the first class, we went by the office, where they had a small back pack for all the danish exchange students, with a little note pad, pen and a stress bear! - because the schools mascot is a bear, we got a bear whos function is like a stress ball, it is really cute! (and I got the feeling Claire is a little jealous of the bear :) )
I really LOVED the choir class, and I got to record it and I sang with them! It was so much fun, I wish we could do it the same way back home in Denmark.
After school we headed home to Claires, where she got ready for soccer, right before she had a singing lesson. I was talking to Noreen, while she did flower decorations for an event tomorrow. When Claire left for soccer, Noreen and I went to the Stanford Shopping Center, where Noreen bought a birthday gift for her friend, and I bought some stuff to. After that Noreen and I went to the Food Trucks where Jim came along. Food trucks are like small trucks with all diffrent types of food like indian, chinese, mexican, american and so on. We met Sofie and her host mom, Camilla and her host family, Emilie, and Kristina with her host girl. It was lovely, and really cozy - except for some trains that went by, so we could not hear each other, but they drove by fast. There were life music and lights in the trees, so it was lovely and cute. Camilla, Emilie and I had pull pork sandwiches, yum!
After that, Jim drove me home and now we are just relaxing with our computeres, and watching tv. Claire bought Doritos, brownies and cookies for tomorrows spanish class, apparently they will have a ruff lesson where they will be in need of sweets :) Right now she is doing her homework, and soon we will all go to bed because we are tired. I am so sad I am going to say goodbye to Noreen and Jim tomorrow morning, because they are so sweet! I would have loved to stay some more, but hopefully I will come back one day and visit them. They are wonderful people!

- Cecilie 
English class

Math class

Math class (the pupils are doing a math test)

My Menlo-Atherton back pack and its contents

A schoolyard at Menlo-Atherton

Eating lunch with the other danes

At lunch in the schoolyard

The cafeteria of Menlo-Atherton

Choir class

Schoolyard at Menlo-Atherton

Schoolyard at Menlo-Atherton

Noreens beautiful flower arrangements

A chesse holder with birds at the Stanford Shopping Centre

Sort of a parfume bottle at the Stanford Shopping Centre

Camilla, Sofie and I  at the food trucks 

Sofie at the BBQ food truck 

Food trucks in Menlo park 



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar