tirsdag den 8. april 2014

Day 4 - from San Francisco to Palo Alto

Hey Everyone!

So, yesterday we checked out of Adelaide Hostel so we could go to Palo Alto and meet our host families! We bought lunch, and at 10 am we were on the bus, and first stop was a Muir Woods. Muir Woods is known for the huge and tall trees, so we were all excited to see what it was all about. The way there was not that long, but the road was really twisted and complicated to drive, but the bus driver managed it really well. We were there for an hour, and it was SO beautful, the nature was all green and I have never seen that tall trees, but I really liked it there.
After that we went to the Steinbeck Museum in Salinas. It took so long to get there, and we were an hour late, so our tour guide had already left. So we walked around the museum by ourself, where we saw loads of things about John Steinbecks childhood, carrier, family and so on. We even saw a short movie. I found it interesting to see, especially beacuse you were aloud to touch stuff and that made it more fun for us as a group of turists.
After that, we grabbed something to eat at a sandwich place, where we also got frozen yoghurt! YUMMY!
I love it! - and it was so funny, since one of the girls, her grandma was originally from Denmark, so she was very excited about us coming into the sandwich shop where she is working.
After that we went for, I think it was a 2,5 hour drive to Palo Alto, to meet the host families. 10 min. after we had left Salinas, the bus made some horrible noises, and as lucky as we are, there was missing air for the breaks. So it took a little while, and then we moved on, and lucklily, there was not any problems with the breaks for the rest of the drive.
When we finally got to Menlo - Atherton High School we were so tired, but also excited to meet our host families. After we had arrived, it took some time, and then one by one the host and their families arrived. The first person I met, from my host family was Noreen, who is the mother. She is so nice and sweet, and she is easy to talk to. We talked really well, and I think it was around half an hour later, Claire arrived, who is my host. She is so nice and friendly, and we get along so well. It took some time before we REALLY started to talk, but she is really great to talk to. Noisy and a fast talker, just like me, so it is perfect. She is also a singer, so we have some stuff in comon (I am listening to her playing the guitar and singing right now, and it is AMAZING!) Later we went home to their house, which is HUGE! I have only seen houses like this in movies, and I have a massive bed and my own toilet, in my own bedroom! It is luxury, and I love it!
They are so kind, and we just sat around, watching tv and ate brownies last night. It was a great first impression, and I fell asleep in the best bed, I have ever slept in, so all in all, an exciting and lovely day!

- Cecilie 

Ps. Oh, and we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge, twice! We stopped and took a lot of pics, and there was this guy who showed us some poses to get some cool pictures. It was really fun, and he also took some group pics of us.
San Francisco from the parking lot close to the Golden Gate Bridge

Me at the Golden Gate Bridge

Melissa & I at the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco in the background

Emilie & Anna in Muir Woods

Sofie in Muir Woods

Me in Muir Woods

The really tall trees in Muir Woods

Random limo at the parking lot at Muir Woods

American School Bus

The lovely bed I am sleeping in at my host family´s house






Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar