onsdag den 30. april 2014

Evaluation - The end :)

Evaluation 

I know it has been some time since I was in America (so sad...) but I still want to write a short evaluation on our exchange.

I found this exchange very interesting and exciting, with lots of new impressions and new cultures to learn about. I think it was very nice to experience what it was like to attend High School, and to live the life of an ordinary american teenager for a couple of days.
If I should start at the very beginning, I really enjoyed the ride with The Magic Bus in San Francisco, since it went through lots of city history, and at the same time it was fun with the hippie-theme and we got to see a lot of the beautiful city. It was nice that we had time to shop and do the things we wanted to, but also great with the plans our teachers had for us - culturel and exciting. I found it very sad the we did not walk the Lambart Street and there were other things we missed, but I loved all that we got to do, for an instance visiting Alcatraz.
When we attended High School, I thought it was a huge shame that we only had 3 days there. Also that the teachers did not seem prepared for us to come, and that we almost did not participate in class. But on the other hand, I found it so delightful that I got to experience attending High School, and to see, with my own eyes, how the american school system works.
And my host family was simply stunning! I wish I had had at least 3 more days with them. They were very interested in me and my culture, family and interests. They were sweet and kind all the way through, and I am so happy I got to live with the Carruthers. I think it is so important that both the family and the student is interested in the exchange student, so for some of the danes who did not feel like they were wanted as much as I did, I think that they should find a diffrent way to choose hosts.
But in general I loved it very much, even though some things need change - but since it was the first exchange with Menlo-Atherton I think that it is totally fair that it needs improvement.
I also felt like I got to know the danes I was traveling with a lot more, which I think was important too!
I hope I will get an opportunity like that again, and I hope that everybody who read my blog enjoyed reading it!
Bye for now, and thanks!

- Cecilie 
Thanks for reading!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar