torsdag den 10. april 2014

Day 7 - Menlo-Atherton High School, the last day

Hello Everyone!

So today it is thursday, and it was my last morning with my host family and my last day at Menlo-Atherton High School.
I woke up at 6:30 am. laying in bed, just thinking about how sad I was, since it was the last time I got to spend my morning with my host family. The night before I had packed the most of my stuff in my suitcase, so I took a shower and packed the last of my stuff and made up my bed. I went out in the kitchen to enjoy my last morning with Jim, Noreen and Claire. I wrote a little greeting in the fairytale book I bought for them, and they wrote greetings in my Menlo-Atherton note pad and we took some pictures together. Noreen had even wrote a card for me, and bougt a cute heart neckless for me as a present from the whole family - that was so sweet of her, I loved it! It was so sad to say goodbye to them, because they have been so kind to me and I really hope I am going back here to visit them some day, they are truely great people, with open hearts and arms.
After I had said goodbye to Jim and Noreen, Claire and I went to a café called *Cafe Borrone*, where I ordered some hot chocolate and a huge waffle with some diffrent berries on top - really american, really good! - we met up with some of the others and their hosts, and it was really enjoyable and fun to try that, since I do not have time back at home to go out for breakfast on school days.
After that we went to school, and met at the sculpture of a bear, which is Menlo-Atherton High Schools mascot, where a security man locked or suitcases in a room, so that we did not need to take them with us to class. Today was also a block day, and today I had biology, latin and history class. Claire had an AP in spanish, so I went with Camilla and her host, Marta, to latin class. An AP is a final.
The school day was okay, but I was really tired, and so was Claire, so we did not talk as much as we normally do, but I enjoyed my last day at Menlo with her. After school at 15:15 pm. we met up with the others, and got our suitcases. Half an hour later, after we had said goodbye to our hosts, we drove to *Comfort In* hotel in Palo Alto. It was really sad saying goodbye to Claire, since I do not know when I will see her again, but as said, I will hopefully come back to see her and her family sometime in the near future.
After we had checked in, we drove to a mexican resturant at a strip mall, and ate dinner. I got a mixed berry smoothie and some delicious pasta, yum!
After that some of us went to a store called *Pharmacy* where we bought all sorts of things - I bought lip balm and candy. Then we headed back at 20:00 pm. to the hotel, and then we ate muffins and evaluated the week, so the teachers knew what they could make better the next time they go with exchange students to USA. And know we are just chilling, I have ate some *Ben & Jerry* icecream, since it is only 4,76 $ for a bucket with 465 ml! Sofie, Camilla and I have a room on our own, so we are just writing our blogs, and enjoying our last time here in Palo Alto.
It is going to be so weird tomorrow, when we are headed home - so I am just not going to think about it, and I am just going to live tomorrow like my life depended on it! I love it here, and I hope I am going to be back, soon!

- Cecilie 
My lovely host family!
From the left: Claire, Jim & Noreen Carruthers

The Carruthers house from the back
My gorgeous present and card from my host family



At Cafe Borrone

Danes and hosts eating delicious american breakfast


My hot chocolate from this morning



My breakfast from this morning



One of the schoolyards at Menlo-Atherton High School



The statue of the bear at Menlo-Atherton High School

Biology class


My lunch that Noreen made for me


My waterbottle from Menlo-Atherton High School


With Camilla and Marta in latin class

Homemade cupcakes in latin class

M.A Bears wall painting in the school hallway


History class


Waiting fo our suitcases at one of the many schoolyards at Menlo-Atherton


Entrance to Menlo-Atherton High School - our last goodbyes


My dinner at the mexican restaurant

My delicious mixed berry smoothie

Sofie, on her way to write her blog at the hotel *Comfort In*

My Ben & Jerry´s icecream!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar